Thursday, November 26, 2015

REAL BRIDE: Sarah

Brady & Sarah Madsen
10.10.2015

Just hearing Sarah share details about her wedding day confirm the feeling of family that they incorporated. 
From the shoes she wore for the ceremony that were her great-great aunt's wedding shoes to the cherry pie they cut that was made by her grandpa and included a topper that was passed down from her great-grandparents. The bride and groom were even dressed to look like them! The little personal touches throughout are sure to make you smile. Family and love truly was what their wedding day was all about.

Do you have a proposal story?
It just so happens to be one of my favorite stories! It was February of 2014, but I still want to cry when I think about it because it was so awesome. It was a Saturday, and the weather was absolutely beautiful - 70 degrees in February! We went to breakfast at Harry's Country Club in the River Market. I was pumped because they had Boulevard Chocolate Ale on tap, which I had no idea was going to rank at the bottom of the day's excitement. We went for a walk in Loose Park and on our second lap he pulled me aside and asked me to marry him. I said "of course!!!" followed by a "are you serious?!?!" several times too. After the proposal Brady informed me we were traveling to Odessa to celebrate with our families and once we arrived it was going to be a little scavenger hunt at all of our stops - including both of our parents and grandparents houses. We finally got to my parents house and I opened the door to a cheering crowd of people, including my dad who was supposed to still be on the East Cost for work at the time. Brady had, on top of everything else, planned a surprise engagement party with our family and friends. Our families had decorated beautifully, there was food and drinks, gifts, and even a cake! It was the best thing in the world to celebrate such an exciting moment with people who are so special to us. I wish I could go back and relive that whole day 100 times!

Tell me a little about your wedding day.
Blue is both mine and Brady's favorite color so we went with navy blue and gold with some blush pink and burgundy accents. Being in October we got to incorporate giant fall mums, pumpkins, hedge apples, gourds, etc. For the reception we had LOTS of candles, which made the big space feel really warm and intimate. Some of my favorite details were the food truck, a gorgeous "selfie booth" built by my aunt and uncle, wedding pictures of our families, glow bracelets/necklaces, Ice Pop popsicles for our guests, and instead of a traditional guestbook we used a big coffee table photography book about Kansas City that we can keep out and enjoy all of the time. My mom and Brady's mom surprised me by incorporating a really special touch into my gown. A photo of my grandma and a piece of soft blue fabric from Brady's grandma's favorite PJs were sewn into the lining. We were both super close with our grandmothers who passed away prior to the wedding day so it was really special to include them into the day.

What made you decide to get married on this particular date?
Full disclosure - it kind of came down to availability of our food truck, haha. Bottom line, we knew we wanted 2015, we knew we wanted early fall, and everything came together perfectly for October 10th. 

Where did you draw your inspiration/ideas from?
I scanned Pinterest a lot for ideas. I especially loved it because my mom, mother-in-law, sister, and friends could all follow my board and be a part of the process, which was huge for me. I also pulled inspiration from a few extremely fun weddings I have been to over the last few years.

What was your favorite moment from your wedding day?
I have thought about this a lot, and I'm really not sure how to narrow it down to just one. The entire wedding week is just one giant favorite memory. There were so many great moments - with my husband, with our families, and with our friends. It was just the best, and there's not one thing I would change.

What advice would you give to other brides?
Don't feel like you have to follow any set of rules. Decide what's important and unimportant, and let that guide your decisions (and your budget). And don't forget that on the other side of this big wedding day there are a million more happy days with your person!


Bridal Look:
Alterations | Janay A Eco Bridal
Accessories | Recrudescence Studio
Hair | Jessica Cline Wallace & Darla Brockmeyer-Rogge

Wedding Professionals:
Ceremony Venue | St. Luke's Church (Wellington, MO)
Reception Venue | Community Christian Center (Wellington, MO)

Catering | Nadler's Catering



Bridesmaid Dress | White House | Black Market
Menswear | Men's Wearhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment